Subject: Re: Err... (gulps) Ahh... JMS, I hope I didn't open a "can of worms"
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:39:23 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>Wow, kinda harsh there, don't you think?
>
>With respect JMS, the email sent to Jerry Doyle doesn't seem much different
>from the several thousand times you and the actors have been asked
>substantially the same question in person at conventions.

It was harsh, perhaps...but at the same time, that doesn't mean that it was
*wrong*.

The thing of it is, in a public forum, as part of a dialogue that's been
ongoing for a long time now, I expect questions of that sort.  But to go in a
private email, to someone with whom one *hasn't* been having an ongoing
conversation, and that person is not in charge of the situation but rather is
kind of on the outside...it was the combination of factors behind the question,
rather than the question per se, which struck me as wrong-headed.

Just to clarify.