Subject: Re: Message to JMS about ASM #511
Date: 20 Aug 2004 07:07:49 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

>http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0408/18/marvelfirsts.htm
>
>for ASM #511, we realize that you had anticipated in your story
>that you wrote many days before ASM #510 went on sale all of our
>objections we have raised in the past few weeks to the revelations
>of ASM #509 and ASM #510.  We apologize for ever doubting your
>respect for continuity in the Marvel Universe and for even
>considering that you were not capable of telling a coherent story.
>Can we still be friends?
>
>Sincerely yours, the internet. :-)

Thanks...that's the thing of it, see...Peter Parker is a Smart Guy.  There's no
way he could look at this possibility and not ask that crucial question...so
crucial, in fact, that as you note, it's literally the very first thing we see
him thinking on the first page following getting the second part of the letter.
 That's also part of what writing is...simply asking the next logical question.

If I wrote him otherwise, he wouldn't be Peter, A Smart Guy.