Subject: Re: Amazing Spider-Man #510 (SPOILER SPACE--BIG REVELATION)
Date: 16 Aug 2004 01:41:12 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

>The letter does *not* say "I have two children, who are Gabriel and Sarah".
>If Peter reads the letter and decides that Gwen's two children are Gabriel
>and Sarah, he's not just reading the letter; he's drawing a conclusion.
>Making a guess.

But my POINT is that this IS a possibility given how it reads, and that your
suggestion that ferrets could be involved is absurd because they are NOT any
kind of possibility.  The letter COULD be saying they're her kids, that's
certainly one implication, and they might NOT be her kids, another implication.
 So you investigate both POSSIBILITIES and then based on that investigation you
come to a conclusion.

Look...tell you what...why don't we wait until the next issue which resolves
ALL of this in terms that couldn't be clearer?  Otherwise all we're doing is
the comics version of debating how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

(The answer to which, by the way, is "As many as want to.")