Subject: Re: Amazing Spider-Man #510 (SPOILER SPACE--BIG REVELATION)
Date: 15 Aug 2004 06:11:38 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

>But Peter seemed to think it made sense that they're Gwen's kids.

Seems to being the operative term. Believe me, Peter is more skeptical than a
lot of other people, and than a lot of people seem to think he is.

So the first thing he's going to want to do is to determine if, in fact, what
he just read is *true* or not. That's the thing of it...a lot of readers have
made assumptions -- which may or may not be true until you have the evidence in
-- about Gwen, but Peter's a good scientist, he wants facts.

And that desire for the facts led to one of the most heart-breaking scenes I've
ever written in a comic...and it's in the next issue.

>If they're not *really* Gwen's kids, that only solves half the problem--the
>other half is "why did Peter ever think they were in the first place, since
>the timeline doesn't add up"?

Once again, that assumes that Peter has bought into it instantly...wait until
next issue.