Subject: Today We Lost Richard Biggs
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:43:05 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I was awakened today with several phone calls from cast members and Doug to
pass along the terrible news that this morning, Richard Biggs passed away.

We're still gathering information, so take none of this as firm word, but what
seems to have happened, happened quickly.  He woke up, got up out of bed...and
went down.  The paramedics who showed up suggested it was either an aneurysm or
a massive stroke.

His family members have been informed, and all of the the cast have, as far as
we can determine, also been informed.

This is a terrible loss for all of us.  Richard was a consummate professional
but more than that he was an honorable, stand-up guy.  If he gave you his word
on something, you never had to wonder about it afterward.  He was always
helpful and supportive of all the cast, even those who only came in for one
episode, always with a ready smile and determined to do whatever it took to
make the scene work.  He was, quite simply, a terrific guy, and everyone here
is just devastated at the news.

More word as this develops.  We may try to have some kind of fund raiser to
help give whatever assistance may be helpful for his kids.

We all miss him terribly.