Subject: Re: Matrix Reloaded (No Spoilers)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:32:04 +0000 (UTC)
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

Okay, so I saw Reloaded, and was supremely disappointed.  The set pieces were
well done, certainly, but they were set pieces, they'd talk, stop and fight for
a while with little at stake and often seeming quite arbitrary, without the
emotional core of what made the first Matrix such an amazing piece of work.
The story moved the characters around rather than the other way around.

I do have a theory, though, on how the last film is going to resolve things.
Going down....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Having moved closer to the machine as shown by his actions at the end of the
film, Neo is able to infect Agent Smith (who has likewise moved more toward the
human) in the way that Smith is able to infect other agents...and through this,
Neo will be able to spread/replicate himself throughout the Matrix like a virus
until he takes it all over.

At leat it's my theory, for the record.

Either way, I'm desperately hoping that Revolutions is a better film.