Subject: Re: Supreme Power
Date: 15 May 2003 05:40:01 GMT
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe

>We already know "Supreme Power" wasn't solicited for July as expected, and
>J.M.S. was kind enough to mention here that he's unaware of any delays.  I
>assumed that meant someone botched it, and that we'd see the first issue
>rush-solicited along with a normal solicitation for the second issue in
>the next Previews.  However, I just noticed that Marvel has the July
>listings posted, and "Supreme Power" isn't in there.  Does anyone know if
>this has been officially delayed?

I noticed that it wasn't in the July previews, after it had been set for July
16th, and inquired of Marvel because we're well ahead on art and scripts (I'm
working on issue 5 at the moment).

They explained that they'd wanted to debut the comic at Wizard Con (either
Philly or Chicago, I can't now remember), but since I couldn't make it, they
pushed the debut to August 6th, which allows us to get even further ahead on
scripts.  Once it hits the ground, we won't have any basis for missing any pub
dates for at least half a year, it not more.