Subject: Re: ASM 39- Look who's back...
Date: 11 Mar 2002 22:35:52 GMT
From: jmsatb5@AOL.COM (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>I'd be surprised if they forced JMS.  I thought part of the deal with
>him doing the title was that Marvel gave him a lot of control in what
>stories he tells.

They didn't.

>But I also thought I'd heard Joe wasn't interested in writing MJ.  So
>... ?

That's the problem with all-or-nothing POVs.  I never said that I wasn't
interested in writing MJ.  What I said, repeatedly, was that I wanted to clear
away the board for a while so I could concentrate and finding who Peter
Parker/Spider-Man was on his own terms.  He'd been so thoroughly surrounded and
basically supplanted by guest cast that he had become a supporting character in
his own book.  My theory was always to get everybody else out the door for a
while, clarify his character, and then slowly begin to reintroduce characters
like MJ and JJJ (who appears in the script for #40).