Subject: Re: A matter of timing
Date: 17 May 2001 19:57:19 -0700
From: jmsatb5@aol.com (Jms at B5)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

>I mean, this last post began with the words, "It would be possible" and the
>guy from the other board immediately took this as a "sign" that you really
>want the show dead. Is he endowed with superior insight, or am I safe in
>assuming that when you say "it would be possible" you mean, "it would be
>possible"?

It is a sign that whoever posted that is a dork.

Things take the time they take.  The show just barely finished ariing on SFC.
Look at the time frame between when B5 started airing on SFC, and when we got
the go-ahead to do Rangers.  TV doesn't work in idealized terms..."Gee it did
great so let's go out and make a deal RIGHTNOW!"  It is a slow, wearing,
grinding process.  TV is a cautious business.

I have not been told, definitively, "no" by SFC, nor have I been told "yes;" I
know what's in their budget to do at this moment, and I know they want to test
the B5 waters in general with Rangers.  I cannot imagine that, if the show does
well, they wouldn't want to revisit Crusade.

But to say that I want the show to die is right up there in the top two
percentile of the top ten percent of dumb things I've heard this year.  I would
love to be able to finish the story, and fnish it properly.  Until that
happens, it will always be an unresolved issue with me.